12-18-2018, 09:03 AM
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 09:07 AM by jimjohnson.)
(12-18-2018, 03:25 AM)Simple Simon Wrote: @jimjohnsonSo you are saying 1 hour jogging only burns about what 500 cal's? Not 1,000?
"1 hour cardio is about 1,000 cal's"
"it can speed things up massively"
Hmmm... I think we may need to agree to disagree.
The issue with statements about exercise that it:
- burns calories
- stimulates your metabolism to burn additional calories during the day
- creates lean mass which then burns additional calories
is that they are actually technically correct. But I think the number of calories involved are grossly exaggerated.
If you follow scientists in this field, they will state the amount of calories burnt while exercising are so small that they will not have a significant effect on weight loss.
Opinion /fact/ in between?
1) Burns calories = true
2) Stimulates your met during the day = No idea...didn't even mention that did i?
3) Creates lean mass. Again running/cardio will not create lean mass. Lifting weights doe that to a small degree. Again.....i never mentioned this once.
To say cardio does not help in fat loss is 100% wrong though....whatever you believe
If you manage to cut your calories to say -1000 per week (which is tough going) doing 2,000 cal's burn through cardio will help. Do not mention the ther B*S* as I never once brought any of that up.
(12-18-2018, 08:12 AM)Navigator Wrote: You should do cardio for other health reasons, not only for fat loss![]()
Does anyone remember TRX - haha that was nice rippoff of plain old gymnastic rings
I just checked - they charge you 150$ for basic home package, talking about robbery![]()
I don't have nothing against suspension training, it's good and practical way to workout but you can easily make your own TRX for about 10$
exactly..I love playing tennis, hiking and the odd run....do this not help massively with fat loss? It's an extra 2,5000 to 4,000 cal's burn instead of playing computer games...of course it helps. That's about 1lb of fat burnt off. The key words being "Not only"
Could i ruin it with a poor diet? Easy. Diet trumps exercise. But to say it has no help is 100% wrong. It's pure mathematics.
I expected a bit more on this forum . It is starting to sound like a typical youtube channel. SADLY

