01-22-2020, 06:39 PM
(01-21-2020, 11:09 AM)impatient_undertaker Wrote: Chin ups eventually stop developing biceps before reaching limit because they don't provide enough stimuli. You may not be able to do even 1 more chin up, but biceps can be quite fresh. Biceps are not a prime mover during chin ups so what do you expect?
Every time I do weighted chin-ups my biceps is the limiting factor. And I guess I am not the only when.
With pull-ups my biceps and back tire at the same rate.
I used to do only arms isolated exercises, and some of this blood flow restriction bullshit and I reached 39-40 cm, but every time I stop doing this my arms go back to the regular 38 cm. I feel like these 1-2 cm are just temporary pump lasts no more than 3-4. At the time I feel good and think that isolated exercises are actually working my arm muscle muscles, buts its only temporary.
Same can happen if emphasize some other isolation exercise like leg extensions. For a while my quads feel bigger, but after I stop doing isolation everything balances out.

