0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
BB and DB press, to flare or not to flare?
#5
(02-05-2019, 12:14 AM)Hans Wrote: With close-grip bench press, the bar is supposed to touch your body right *below* your chest (even lower if you have very long upper arms). Then if you keep your arms close to your body during the movement, there is no internal rotation at all (I imagine that I'm pressing my arms outwards on the way up (like a 'V' if seen from someone standing behind my head while I'm lying on the bench). By that, I can further reduce the risk of me accidentally flaring my arms).

Yes flaring is bad .. as has already been explained somewhere else on the board.

I tried pressing toward lower ribs/sternum with close grip- arms too long and the elbow angle at the bottom is like 20 degress, the biceps almost touches forearm. The arms are loooong seriously. Close grip also makes my shoulders pop because of such rom and loose scapula retraction. I had to keep at 45 degrees and touch lower chest, but lately I started to think about future safety, so hence the question. Thanks for the info.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: BB and DB press, to flare or not to flare? - by The Light Among Darkness - 02-05-2019, 12:20 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)