Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
9 Legit Reasons to Skip Leg Day
The newest article on the site:

9 Legit Reasons To Skip Leg Day
(12-19-2018, 02:51 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote: The newest article on the site:

Great piece as always. Most people need guidance at the beginning pertaining their goals in the gym. There are not many people who are willing to go against crowd by saying squats are overrated.

I think if you do front squats and romanian deadlifts as your main leg exercises then its like training your back when you do legs, so its not that bad since erector spinae help increase your sexual attraction.

Otherwise agreed on every point. The stubborn mule in me still trains calves. However I do them while supporting the bar with a clean grip so my back also gets worked with these. 

To be fair on leg day, training your arms religiously could also be seen as a waste of time, you get more admiration for it but spending up to 3 days in the gym dedicated to training arms just for perhaps 2 inches of growth on such a small body part, might have been considered lunacy 200 years ago?

When I was in college I used to do parallel dips like once every two days if I recall for a time. I remember stagnating and actually being able to do less and less dips. Now I only do dips once a week (I still train chest, tris and shoulders twice a week however) and each time I do them I can normally do a few extra reps on the initial set.
Really enjoyed the latest articles mate. What do you mean when you say "protect your ground"?
(12-20-2018, 08:28 AM)Jonesy Wrote: Really enjoyed the latest articles mate. What do you mean when you say "protect your ground"?

I meant to protect your true priorities rather than serving ungrateful masters.
(12-20-2018, 06:38 AM)Brett Wrote:

I think if you do front squats and romanian deadlifts as your main leg exercises then its like training your back when you do legs, so its not that bad since erector spinae help increase your sexual attraction.

Otherwise agreed on every point. The stubborn mule in me still trains calves. However I do them while supporting the bar with a clean grip so my back also gets worked with these. 

To be fair on leg day, training your arms religiously could also be seen as a waste of time, you get more admiration for it but spending up to 3 days in the gym dedicated to training arms just for perhaps 2 inches of growth on such a small body part, might have been considered lunacy 200 years ago?

When I was in college I used to do parallel dips like once every two days if I recall for a time. I remember stagnating and actually being able to do less and less dips. Now I only do dips once a week (I still train chest, tris and shoulders twice a week however) and each time I do them I can normally do a few extra reps on the initial set.

Agree with you totally. I was focusing to do this procoll. Doing Fsquat and DL mainly for erectors and quads. But though it looks good in theory it also sadly builds (ass) more efficiently and quickly than building quads and erector (that happened with me) and it feels odd Dodgy Confused  Huh
I started to think seriously on avoiding them or at least doin one set.  My only problem is that DL is the best for erectors and yes ( it givea the back an wonderful look).
Do you suggest a movment for erectors and lower back other than DL?
(12-22-2018, 08:05 AM)Ramy_Saber Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 06:38 AM)Brett Wrote:

Agree with you totally. I was focusing to do this procoll. Doing Fsquat and DL mainly for erectors and quads. But though it looks good in theory it also sadly builds (ass) more efficiently and quickly than building quads and erector (that happened with me) and it feels odd Dodgy Confused  Huh
I started to think seriously on avoiding them or at least doin one set.  My only problem is that DL is the best for erectors and yes ( it givea the back an wonderful look).
Do you suggest a movment for erectors and lower back other than DL?

Hyperextensions but you need the apparatus. Also pendlay rows seem to require stability from the lower back while hitting the upper back.
I think that the deadlift is superior to hyper-extensions. I have done a lot of both and the deadlift definitely did more for me.
I still do squat's I think it good movement . I like to train for flexibility and just so I CAN BE ACTIVE in real life . and so if the time is need to protect myself .
After a year of training legs a natty who wants to look good should focus on the muscle groups that matter: shoulders/arms/abs/chest and maybe back. Doing 1-2 sets a week to maintain the legs is enough unless you are a pro or an athlete that requires the leg strength.