Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biceps tear
Calum Von Moger, Eddie Hall, Larry Wheels all had biceps tear recently. Lol. What’s going on? They must’ve been using the same high quality stack that got them there.
(07-08-2019, 04:14 AM)Nattybro87 Wrote: Calum Von Moger, Eddie Hall, Larry Wheels all had biceps tear recently. Lol. What’s going on? They must’ve been using the same high quality stack that got them there.

nothing to do with quality of drugs dude... seriously dont talk out of thin air just because you wanna make a point

Biceup tear is the most common form of injury in the lifting world, especially if someone is using (a lot) of gear making him surpass his natural limit by MILES away, not just a few meters. These guys hold way too much muscle for their frame, a lot more than nature intended them to have, which is the reason their biceups snap, your tendons can only hold so much muscle before they give up, no matter how strong you become. There are a lot reasons your body does not allow for a lot of muscle mass to being built , and tendon health is one of them.

Other than that, these guys you listed abused both drugs and their body through tough workouts (Calum Vog Moger did a lot of stupid stuff for fun also). What can you expect really? Also, i suspect that in their drug stack there are certain drying agents that are notorious for making the tearing of a muscle a lot easier (winstrol for example)
(07-08-2019, 07:25 PM)khrazz Wrote: nothing to do with quality of drugs dude... seriously dont talk out of thin air just because you wanna make a point

Biceup tear is the most common form of injury in the lifting world, especially if someone is using (a lot) of gear making him surpass his natural limit by MILES away, not just a few meters. These guys hold way too much muscle for their frame, a lot more than nature intended them to have, which is the reason their biceups snap, your tendons can only hold so much muscle before they give up, no matter how strong you become. There are a lot reasons your body does not allow for a lot of muscle mass to being built , and tendon health is one of them.

Other than that, these guys you listed abused both drugs and their body through tough workouts (Calum Vog Moger did a lot of stupid stuff for fun also). What can you expect really? Also, i suspect that in their drug stack there are certain drying agents that are notorious for making the tearing of a muscle a lot easier (winstrol for example)

Interesting. I’ve seen too many bodybuilders and powerlifters tearing their tendons. Not only these three, but many more have been through it before. It just seems more frequent and almost simultaneous now. Could be a coincidence.
(07-10-2019, 04:50 PM)Nattybro87 Wrote: Interesting. I’ve seen too many bodybuilders and powerlifters tearing their tendons. Not only these three, but many more have been through it before. It just seems more frequent and almost simultaneous now. Could be a coincidence.

Many people deadlift with a mixed grip which is really stupid. Also, mechanically, the bicep tendon is easy to overload. When you add the big weights that one can lift thanks to steroids, you have a recipe for tears.
(07-11-2019, 04:24 AM)TruthSeeker Wrote: Many people deadlift with a mixed grip which is really stupid. Also, mechanically, the bicep tendon is easy to overload. When you add the big weights that one can lift thanks to steroids, you have a recipe for tears.

I dont see how a mixed grip deadlift would cause a biceup tear. You should always tight yourself before pulling the weight in the deadlfit and always have both your arms totally stretched to avoid flexing your biceup, which will lead to you pull the weight with your biceups, instead with your back and legs, which will indeed lead to a biceup tear. If you dont then snap city happens. Its true that mixed grip is linked to biceup tear, but correlation does not mean causation . At least thats my experience.  I could be totally wrong though...
(07-11-2019, 04:24 AM)TruthSeeker Wrote: Many people deadlift with a mixed grip which is really stupid. Also, mechanically, the bicep tendon is easy to overload. When you add the big weights that one can lift thanks to steroids, you have a recipe for tears.

I find the stretch/flex bicep in supination during heavy weight lifting to be confusing to me. Larry Scott was notorious for stretching all the way down and flexing his biceps all the way up during preacher curls, and he lifted heavy... never tore a single bicep in his life.

I do believe the deadlift with mixed grip to be the most dangerous. It’s the positioning of the shoulders with arms straight while the wrist is in supination. I think any workout that contain this can get bicep in a very vulnerable position. Chin ups, reverse-grip cable rows, deadlift, preached curls, stuff like that.
The muscles of the guys on drugs quickly exceed the strength of their tendons and ligaments, which toughen much more slowly.

The result?

Snap!