Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“Bodybuilders are weak?!” Video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rF2dbURrIsE

I’ve seen a comment somewhere years ago that mentioned Frank Zane wishing he had done lighter weights with better muscle contractions. Makes me wonder if anyone here read his book?
(06-24-2019, 09:12 PM)Nattybro87 Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rF2dbURrIsE

I’ve seen a comment somewhere years ago that mentioned Frank Zane wishing he had done lighter weights with better muscle contractions. Makes me wonder if anyone here read his book?

Never read his book. As far as bodybuilders being weak - who cares?

Back in the day, Pavel Tsatsouline was presenting bodybuilders as "sissies" with fake muscles. The truth is that their muscles aren't fake even if they come from steroids. They are real. Moreover, an average bodybuilder is probably stronger than the army of functional guys who don't want to get "too bulky".

Besides, a lot the strength that one develops comes from CNS overclocking and joint conditioning. If strength is not your primary goal, there is no need to develop those. Hence why you will look somewhat weak for your size.

In reality, naturals will never have this problem. In fact, as a natural, you can only look - too strong for your size. At least, this is my observation.
I agree. Open bodybuilders are still strong AF. Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler, and/or Kai Greene can lift heavy as hell. Who cares? Only delusional idiots who don’t hit the gym enough.

Anyway, a natural could never, ever go up to a roider’s level of strength. If he could “only” deadlift 500 lbs, then he’s still strong as hell to me. If a guy has 15” flexed arm shredded, then that’s very impressive. People are so skewed on perceptions of size and strength that they think 16” is not enough.

Eddie Hall and other strongmen are just superhuman freaks and huge bone frames with the help of lots of gear.
don't they give steroids to USA soldiers
(06-25-2019, 03:18 AM)TruthSeeker Wrote: In fact, as a natural, you can only look - too strong for your size. At least, this is my observation.

I have a similar observation as well, I think this holds 99% of the time.

(06-25-2019, 03:17 PM)Nattybro87 Wrote: If a guy has 15” flexed arm shredded, then that’s very impressive. People are so skewed on perceptions of size and strength that they think 16” is not enough.

I agree, shredded 16" (even 15") looks nice. However, overall height matters a lot. It's nice for 5'10" or smaller folks, but for those e.g. around 6' 3", it really isn't something special, even if they're natural.