Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went on a Date With an Instagram Addict
Probably most of the women I've met were Instagram addicts, but this one stood out. 

We were walking on the pavement when she saw a devil's face (from some book) on the ground. She immediately took out her phone, as if it was a cowboy's gun, and took a picture. Later, she added it to her "story". 

I thought about the ridiculousness of the whole experience. 

Why do we need to share such trivial things?

The only answer that comes to me is loneliness and the feeling that you don't matter. 

By living this life of "instant sharing", you are constantly connected. That connectivity creates an environment where you matter and where you aren't alone.
(05-22-2019, 02:27 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote: Probably most of the women I've met were Instagram addicts, but this one stood out. 

We were walking on the pavement when she saw a devil's face (from some book) on the ground. She immediately took out her phone, as if it was a cowboy's gun, and took a picture. Later, she added it to her "story". 

I thought about the ridiculousness of the whole experience. 

Why do we need to share such trivial things?

The only answer that comes to me is loneliness and the feeling that you don't matter. 

By living this life of "instant sharing", you are constantly connected. That connectivity creates an environment where you matter and where you aren't alone.

It makes the individual think they are making a difference or being cherished because they are sharing something. Its also a attention defecit problem.

I remember a line from a movie "the most beautiful things don't ask for attention" when a photographer was trying to take a picture of a rare and shy animal on some desolate mountain.