Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction
I wasn't sure of which sub-forum to post this in, but I believe that this one fits considering it relates to my life overall. My time is limited these days, so I will not be able to write all that I want to in this introduction. I would like to visit the thread again in case anyone has interest in what I write here, so perhaps I can fill in the blanks as I go. 

I'm in my late 30's and have been lifting since I was a teenager, back in the mid 90's. I earned a natural pro card in a natural bodybuilding federation after biting the bullet and finally doing a show. I won the overall, earned a natty pro card, and never competed again considering that after being through the hellish experience of contest prep, though I loved doing it at the time, realized afterwards that I would never be able to do it again considering by then I was in my mid 30's and had a kid on the way. I now have another kid on the way, own a home, and now just lift weights and do cardio to keep in shape. 

When I say that I lived and breathed bodybuilding, I mean it! A few of my friends are natural pro bodybuilders, NPC amateurs, and one close friend of a long time, since my late teens, who is an IFBB pro (and yes, you likely know of him considering he has been on magazine covers and has a big social media following). 

I used to practically live in the barbell house. It's all I wanted to freaking do. I attended the Night of Champions and New York Pro yearly. I was at last year's Olympia to show support for my friend. I know some people who work in the business (magazines, supplements, other business people). 

In addition to that, during some of my younger years I was put through the ringer a bit. I suffered from low self-esteem, depression, was incel for a stretch. 

In time, my problems were cured. I found a great wife, now have a family, as said above, and actually managed to carve out a thriving social life. 

But when I say I know the pain and symptoms of the bodybuilding disease and incelism and nightmare of the modern dating scene, I know it. 

This is why I am attracted to this site, as it provides a tie-in between all these phenomena and there seems to be some highly intelligent people here who I can relate to. 

Because of my experiences and inquisitive mind (it seems many incels and those with barbell disease are) I became knowledgeable on the topics of PUA, the manosphere, the online marketing scene (eg, Even Pagan, Victor Pride, Mike Cernovich), incelism, and so on. I also overdosed on red pills relating to a whole slew of topics, some of which I won't mention here. 

I plan on writing more during the week. 

Feel free to write to me here. I don't mind helping others, or even just empathizing with those who went through the same meat grinders I have. 

I wish I could post some physique photos, but this is the net, and what one posts can and likely will be used against them. The guys who post here seem solid, but there are likely lurkers with bad intentions. And I'd like to share my thoughts on some taboo topics without having my life effected.
Hello. What is your story on meeting your wife? Did you use any red pill techniques? I'm glad that you're out of the bad spell and raising a family. That's awesome.
(02-12-2019, 03:33 AM)Richard Wrote: Hello. What is your story on meeting your wife? Did you use any red pill techniques? I'm glad that you're out of the bad spell and raising a family. That's awesome.

I met on her on a dating website. No red pill techniques were required. We simply met, got along, and that was that. She's a traditional woman, is not married to a career, works part-time, raises my kid, tends to the home, all that. 

After being in the meat grinder for some time, I stopped pursuing women married to highly demanding jobs. I found many impossible to deal with. Just that one decision relieved much stress in finding a woman eventually. 

Thank you very much for the kind words. I hope I can post more throughout the week.
Hey man. Nice introduction and that's quite a journey in natural BB and finding a good wife. You sound quite successful despite all the struggles with depression, temporary incelism, and barbell addiction or perhaps dedication! 

Yeah, you seem to have a good idea on what kind of place this is. Some of us are quite insecure, me especially, though I will make up for it with being more logical and cool headed on some other posts, threads when the days are brighter. People here are on and off just like you say you will be. We are forum users frequently but all of us seem to have outside lives that matter just as much if not more. For me this is a refuge site on the web, as I find most other social-media based sites to be unhealthy. I relate to people here and we give each other advice. 

NYC as you say is a hellish place to meet women. I've had a little luck here and there. You are spot on in finding women who are more low-key. Proof was that most of the women who I hung/had sex (infrequently) with here were not even from The City, but Jersey and Brooklyn where more artsy and less-career focused types are. I was previously friends with a woman doing comedy shows as a part time thing, but we just stopped talking after a while due to our own focuses in lives. College women are a challenge here because my school doesn't have a lot of social-based activities and usually recommends students seek them out in the city which is a cold and sometimes very unwelcoming place. 

I'm really curious about the details of natural BB. I rarely ever got to read or hear stories about guys doing those kinds of shows. Truthseeker in a very old blog showed some pics at natural contest and while men were definitely less muscle inflated they still look shredded and must have trained and dieted/eaten right "super hard" to get those physiques. I'm guessing you struggled or had to work really hard.

I'm glad you found a good wife and have a kid with another on the way and being able to care and provide for them. That's what I call a true accomplishment for any man these days and same for any women as well. I admire it. Maybe if I fix my issues there is a probability I'll find a woman without pushing her away with my current insecurities. 

Thanks for the post on my "rage thread." I'm gonna respond to some of what you mentioned there. That was my very first or maybe second post when I arrived here. At the time I had some anger issues going on that wasn't just with women, but financial difficulties, having to be relocated for to new place in middle of Fall semester, and at time was seeing a very unhelpful therapist who kept prolonging our therapy without providing in real solutions with myself and my women issues. Now I have a good therapist, who was my previous psychiatrist and combines both medications and psychoanalysis. Many of my women issues I believe trace back to mother issues. There are some detailed posts on that. 

It's gonna be cool talking with you whenever you have time to be on here.
(02-12-2019, 02:54 AM)RedPillOverdose Wrote: I wasn't sure of which sub-forum to post this in, but I believe that this one fits considering it relates to my life overall. My time is limited these days, so I will not be able to write all that I want to in this introduction. I would like to visit the thread again in case anyone has interest in what I write here, so perhaps I can fill in the blanks as I go. 

I'm in my late 30's and have been lifting since I was a teenager, back in the mid 90's. I earned a natural pro card in a natural bodybuilding federation after biting the bullet and finally doing a show. I won the overall, earned a natty pro card, and never competed again considering that after being through the hellish experience of contest prep, though I loved doing it at the time, realized afterwards that I would never be able to do it again considering by then I was in my mid 30's and had a kid on the way. I now have another kid on the way, own a home, and now just lift weights and do cardio to keep in shape. 

When I say that I lived and breathed bodybuilding, I mean it! A few of my friends are natural pro bodybuilders, NPC amateurs, and one close friend of a long time, since my late teens, who is an IFBB pro (and yes, you likely know of him considering he has been on magazine covers and has a big social media following). 

I used to practically live in the barbell house. It's all I wanted to freaking do. I attended the Night of Champions and New York Pro yearly. I was at last year's Olympia to show support for my friend. I know some people who work in the business (magazines, supplements, other business people). 

In addition to that, during some of my younger years I was put through the ringer a bit. I suffered from low self-esteem, depression, was incel for a stretch. 

In time, my problems were cured. I found a great wife, now have a family, as said above, and actually managed to carve out a thriving social life. 

But when I say I know the pain and symptoms of the bodybuilding disease and incelism and nightmare of the modern dating scene, I know it. 

This is why I am attracted to this site, as it provides a tie-in between all these phenomena and there seems to be some highly intelligent people here who I can relate to. 

Because of my experiences and inquisitive mind (it seems many incels and those with barbell disease are) I became knowledgeable on the topics of PUA, the manosphere, the online marketing scene (eg, Even Pagan, Victor Pride, Mike Cernovich), incelism, and so on. I also overdosed on red pills relating to a whole slew of topics, some of which I won't mention here. 

I plan on writing more during the week. 

Feel free to write to me here. I don't mind helping others, or even just empathizing with those who went through the same meat grinders I have. 

I wish I could post some physique photos, but this is the net, and what one posts can and likely will be used against them. The guys who post here seem solid, but there are likely lurkers with bad intentions. And I'd like to share my thoughts on some taboo topics without having my life effected.

Welcome here, the place that means different things to different people ;)

Could you elaborate somewhat on your experiences with the natural (pro) bodybuilding scene (training, dieting, drug abuse (if there was any ;)), competitions, ...). I think a lot of people on this board will appreciate if you share your thoughts and impressions on that matter.
Thanks for the responses. I will likely write back tonight or tomorrow.
(02-12-2019, 02:28 PM)
Quote:locutus24 Wrote: I'm really curious about the details of natural BB. I rarely ever got to read or hear stories about guys doing those kinds of shows. Truthseeker in a very old blog showed some pics at natural contest and while men were definitely less muscle inflated they still look shredded and must have trained and dieted/eaten right "super hard" to get those physiques. I'm guessing you struggled or had to work really hard.

I was shredded to the bone in my show. I was so lean that people at work and some family members were asking if I was OK during the last two months of my show. As I said before, I have two close friends who are pro bodybuilders, one natural pro and one IFBB Olympia competitor. The former helped me with my prep, from training to nutrition to posing. 

I loved the experience but getting that lean was near unbearable towards the end! My sleep was awful and I was constantly hungry and exhausted. That's actually a prep done right. 

The sheer amount of overtraining necessary to get paper-thin skin is unbearable and after some time, it felt like my entire life outside of work was spent exercising, eating, and preparing food. 

Put it this way, if you don't feel like you're gonna die at the end of a prep, it was not done right!

I have a many posts on a popular messaging board and an IG page with a decent amount of followers. I would like to show pictures, as said, but I have other things I want to say on this interesting forum that I wouldn't attach my identity to because of this Orwellian world we live in now.

(02-12-2019, 04:56 PM)Hans Wrote: Could you elaborate somewhat on your experiences with the natural (pro) bodybuilding scene (training, dieting, drug abuse (if there was any Wink), competitions, ...). I think a lot of people on this board will appreciate if you share your thoughts and impressions on that matter.

See my post above to L. 

My prep spanned nearly half a year! That's half a year of prepping nearly all of the five meals I ate per day! 

I used a carb-rotation diet that started out with a generous amount of food. As time went on, the calories went down while cardio went up. As stated above, towards the end, the training amount was insufferable and for my last week I did a ketogenic diet with carb depletion workouts to properly carb up the day before the show and to achieve saran wrap skin. 

I used a high volume split with four to five weight training days per week with some deloading here and there, steady state cardio and two interval sessions per week. Yes, a high volume bro split. Contrary to some talk on here and the site, bro splits do produce the sort of results necessary, even for natural bodybuilding. 

I believe the main reason why bro splits fail is because of the enormous time investment required, subpar genetics many have, and a lifestyle and habits that do not lend for this type of split to work. One can sure build a nice physique from full body and upper-lower and minimalist splits but if you want to look like a full blown bodybuilder, you better train like one. 

Many guys who compete in natural shows are indeed drug free. 

I do not train with a bro split anymore. I have no intentions of looking like a bodybuilders these days, though I do look like someone who likely used to be one. I still have a good deal of muscle for my medium sized frame and people do ask me if I lift while wearing my ordinary work clothes, button down shirt and pants. I still love being in the gym but I do a full body split and my workouts typically last 45 minutes. I actually use a simple template by Ben Bruno for minimalist training. 

I do not do spine-compressing exercises anymore like regular deadlifts and squats anymore. Nearly all my leg exercises are single legged exercises and I've kept a good deal of leg mass with them. I also stay away from bent over rows. 

Nearly all of my cardio is brisk walking and I do one jog or interval session per week. 

I have other responsibilities in my life now, though I do love being in alright shape.

(02-12-2019, 02:28 PM)locutus24 Wrote: Thanks for the post on my "rage thread." I'm gonna respond to some of what you mentioned there. That was my very first or maybe second post when I arrived here. At the time I had some anger issues going on that wasn't just with women, but financial difficulties, having to be relocated for to new place in middle of Fall semester, and at time was seeing a very unhelpful therapist who kept prolonging our therapy without providing in real solutions with myself and my women issues. Now I have a good therapist, who was my previous psychiatrist and combines both medications and psychoanalysis. Many of my women issues I believe trace back to mother issues. There are some detailed posts on that. 

I had a very good red-pilled therapist. Though I first saw him before the internet caught on and the term red pill was being used (late 90's), he was a man who was well aware of just how bad things had gotten in the USA regarding dating, romance and socialization. 

He knew that women had been brainwashed by the media and were starting to become increasingly hypergamous, unrealistic, and whorish. I saw him on and off for 20 years and stopped when he retired. I was seventeen when I first walked into his office. 

I first went to him for depression, low self esteem, and for what my childhood had done to me. 

As I said, when I tackled those issues, I started to meet more women. And when we decided that attempting to date overly ambitious women was futile, I met more sedate (dare I used that word) and/or realistic women I met my wife. The solution was simple.
Quote:I had a very good red-pilled therapist. Though I first saw him before the internet caught on and the term red pill was being used (late 90's), he was a man who was well aware of just how bad things had gotten in the USA regarding dating, romance and socialization. 

He knew that women had been brainwashed by the media and were starting to become increasingly hypergamous, unrealistic, and whorish. I saw him on and off for 20 years and stopped when he retired. I was seventeen when I first walked into his office. 

I first went to him for depression, low self esteem, and for what my childhood had done to me. 

As I said, when I tackled those issues, I started to meet more women. And when we decided that attempting to date overly ambitious women was futile, I met more sedate (dare I used that word) and/or realistic women I met my wife. The solution was simple.

Glad your therapist helped back then. Those are about the same things I see my psychiatrist for. Sounds like a good solution. 

Yeah, those are all common traits in many women these days. One proof is just looking at the FB relationship status of my digital female friends (not really friends) and a lot of the time it says "it's complicated." Man what a world.
(02-14-2019, 04:46 AM)locutus24 Wrote: Glad your therapist helped back then. Those are about the same things I see my psychiatrist for. Sounds like a good solution. 

Yeah, those are all common traits in many women these days. One proof is just looking at the FB relationship status of my digital female friends (not really friends) and a lot of the time it says "it's complicated." Man what a world.

Bud perhaps consider never going on facebook again, if its possible.
"Grave digger when you dig my grave, can you make it shallow, so that I can feel the rain"

Dave Matthews
(02-14-2019, 07:05 AM)Brett Wrote: Bud perhaps consider never going on facebook again, if its possible.

Yeah, good advice. I'm on there about 2-3 times a week for 5 minutes, but that's still too depressing. I need to stop completely. No sarcasm there. Serious!