Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infinte growth with finite resources
Humanity has wiped out 60% of animal populations since 1970. Humans, just over 0.01% of all life but we have destroyed 83% of wild mammals.

With no hint of slowing down, all politicians and governments can talk about is more economic growth as if this is the cure for everything.

There was also a study that picked up micro plastics in the faeces of every person who was selected to take part. This study was conducted in Europe. They concluded that everyone living in Europe has these micro plastics inside of them and it is not yet known the full extent this has on the human body.

If you want the sources they are mentioned in the youtube video by Black pigeon speaks called "three of the blackest pills of all" released three days ago.

I believe this is alarming and interesting. There are lots of us that get so caught in our own little worlds that we forget that the planet is on the brink. We can't eat money, but it is still one of the most googled topics, that is 'how to get rich/make money'.

Business as usual I guess.
(02-04-2019, 06:44 PM)Brett Wrote: Humanity has wiped out 60% of animal populations since 1970. Humans, just over 0.01% of all life but we have destroyed 83% of wild mammals.

With no hint of slowing down, all politicians and governments can talk about is more economic growth as if this is the cure for everything.

There was also a study that picked up micro plastics in the faeces of every person who was selected to take part. This study was conducted in Europe. They concluded that everyone living in Europe has these micro plastics inside of them and it is not yet known the full extent this has on the human body.

If you want the sources they are mentioned in the youtube video by Black pigeon speaks called "three of the blackest pills of all" released three days ago.

I believe this is alarming and interesting. There are lots of us that get so caught in our own little worlds that we forget that the planet is on the brink. We can't eat money, but it is still one of the most googled topics, that is 'how to get rich/make money'.

Your stats sound about right. Humans are causing unrepairable damage to the global environment. There are plenty of global destruction deniers, who are deluded and ignorant of reality and they are actually making it worse. On YT these climate change deniers have all congregated to a YT channel called Prager University. They use faulty arguments that deny climate change's damage to the environment. Many naive people listen to them and believe them when you look at the comments section. More believers means less action done to prevent it. Also who is running things right now? Lots of climate change deniers. 

Yes, and by economic growth they are mostly referring to specific strata of society. I.e. Republican politicians in control want the U.S. to have factory workers (which make up some, but not all % of the human workforce) to be restarted again so we can produce more things that we "already" have plenty of such as cars, which don't help the environment. This will definitely help the guys get more $ who are in charge of car production companies. The factory workers will be greatly helped... in the form of low wages as always. 

Interesting study on us shitting plastic. I don't know what negative impact that could have on body, but probably best to not have any contaminants made of plastic. 

Humans love to live in comfort and focus on what will happen to them in the next 24 hours and sex and money are the two primary search results on the internet. Well, not certain but I do recall many days where I would type money and women in the search engine back in the days when I was even more desperate and insecure of myself.

Money is pretty useless when resources such as food and water are depleted. 1 million dollar bills is good for keeping a bon fire going for an hour to keep some people warm though.
(02-04-2019, 07:09 PM)locutus24 Wrote: Your stats sound about right. Humans are causing unrepairable damage to the global environment. There are plenty of global destruction deniers, who are deluded and ignorant of reality and they are actually making it worse. On YT these climate change deniers have all congregated to a YT channel called Prager University. They use faulty arguments that deny climate change's damage to the environment. Many naive people listen to them and believe them when you look at the comments section. More believers means less action done to prevent it. Also who is running things right now? Lots of climate change deniers. 

Yes, and by economic growth they are mostly referring to specific strata of society. I.e. Republican politicians in control want the U.S. to have factory workers (which make up some, but not all % of the human workforce) to be restarted again so we can produce more things that we "already" have plenty of such as cars, which don't help the environment. This will definitely help the guys get more $ who are in charge of car production companies. The factory workers will be greatly helped... in the form of low wages as always. 

Interesting study on us shitting plastic. I don't know what negative impact that could have on body, but probably best to not have any contaminants made of plastic. 

Humans love to live in comfort and focus on what will happen to them in the next 24 hours and sex and money are the two primary search results on the internet. Well, not certain but I do recall many days where I would type money and women in the search engine back in the days when I was even more desperate and insecure of myself.

Money is pretty useless when resources such as food and water are depleted. 1 million dollar bills is good for keeping a bon fire going for an hour to keep some people warm though.

I use to watch prager videos but unsubscribed for that reason. They unfortunately have no clue about what they are talking about when it comes to climate change. Any moron can just take a look at what is happening to the great barrier reef and be convinced. Thats why I call them 'educated fools'.

I don't think there is anything we can do to prevent consuming plastic. Its in the food chains now. Remember all the plastic that gets dumped in the ocean, well any seafood we eat now has got micro plastics.

Also basically everything is packaged with plastic. Must be a reason why every tom, dick and harry gets cancer these days. More money for pharmaceuticals I guess. 

Tell that to a millionaire. Even while the planet is burning and the air is poison people will still be on youtube watching 'rich dad, poor dad'.