Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Experiences
Fellows:

If you were in college then tell us how it was!

Name the good and the bad. 

My story:

Math major in my last year. 

Experiences with college women:

Hookups 4. Dates half a dozen. No girlfriend for over 4 years. 

Clubs:

Tango, group meditation, Republican party (I'm not affiliated and am centrist), kickboxing (bad ass sport).

Good:

Some sex and a few casual friendships with roommates. Got to study abroad in China and Budapest. Budapest has a crazy night club scene. Learned a huge ton of skills in computer programming, 3D modeling and proving math theorems.

Bad:

Had to deal with a lot of sorority chicks that lived near some of my old rented places. Here comes my sexism: They seemed like stupid and obnoxiously sounding women. Some woman went on FB to brag about getting a B in biology so guessing that's a rarity for her. 

When in China I saw a man in a purple shirt purposefully walk into the highway to get run over by a bus. Believe it was suicide. Driver stopped and the guy was underneath. Nothing happened for 2 minutes, but then a big puddle of blood spewed from beneath his back. Afterwards our group went to go eat dinner. Had no appetite. 

Loans that add up to amount you don't want to know. 

Alright. That's it for me.
(02-03-2019, 01:51 AM)locutus24 Wrote: Fellows:

My story:

Clubs:

Tango, group meditation, Republican party (I'm not affiliated and am centrist), kickboxing (bad ass sport).

Good:

Some sex and a few casual friendships with roommates. Got to study abroad in China and Budapest. Budapest has a crazy night club scene. Learned a huge ton of skills in computer programming, 3D modeling and proving math theorems.

Bad:

Had to deal with a lot of sorority chicks that lived near some of my old rented places. Here comes my sexism: They seemed like stupid and obnoxiously sounding women. Some woman went on FB to brag about getting a B in biology so guessing that's a rarity for her. 

When in China I saw a man in a purple shirt purposefully walk into the highway to get run over by a bus. Believe it was suicide. Driver stopped and the guy was underneath. Nothing happened for 2 minutes, but then a big puddle of blood spewed from beneath his back. Afterwards our group went to go eat dinner. Had no appetite. 

Whats your plan on paying the loans back?

My mother paid for my studies luckily. I believe she took it out of her bond. Getting into debt to study is not in my opinion the best choice for a young person.
(02-03-2019, 10:15 AM)Brett Wrote:

My story:

Clubs:

Good:

Bad:

My mother paid for my studies luckily. I believe she took it out of her bond. Getting into debt to study is not in my opinion the best choice for a young person.
Hey Brett,

My hope is to get an actuary position in finance and pay it off with a sufficient salary. One can get the job with a bachelor's degree alone. My friend did it back in Oregon and got a position for actuary firm in Portland. Basically the last semester one takes two actuary qual exams, passes and then those are used as certificates to be hired for an actuary. I think 2015 is when he started. He had loan debts from a public university. Mine are from an Ivy, so it will take me a lot longer, unless I somehow find a good starting salary and quickly move up. 

I don't know how much of his loans were paid up to now, but he did say on FB that he can now afford his own nice apartment in San Francisco (expensive rent). So either he is making good money and has paid off debt or perhaps the rent is expensive and draining his checks and he still has a lot of loans left.

Precarious future with loans and I agree that the less the better. I got some scholarships and grants, the weren't enough to pay for everything. Plus where I live, rent is very expensive so I also have debt due to housing costs.

(02-03-2019, 05:40 PM)locutus24 Wrote:

My story:

Clubs:

Good:

Bad:

Hey Brett,

My hope is to get an actuary position in finance and pay it off with a sufficient salary. One can get the job with a bachelor's degree alone. My friend did it back in Oregon and got a position for actuary firm in Portland. Basically the last semester one takes two actuary qual exams, passes and then those are used as certificates to be hired for an actuary. I think 2015 is when he started. He had loan debts from a public university. Mine are from an Ivy, so it will take me a lot longer, unless I somehow find a good starting salary and quickly move up. 

I don't know how much of his loans were paid up to now, but he did say on FB that he can now afford his own nice apartment in San Francisco (expensive rent). So either he is making good money and has paid off debt or perhaps the rent is expensive and draining his checks and he still has a lot of loans left.

Precarious future with loans and I agree that the less the better. I got some scholarships and grants, the weren't enough to pay for everything. Plus where I live, rent is very expensive so I also have debt due to housing costs.

That was nice of your mother. Definitely make her know you are grateful and maybe help her out later down the road somehow.

My story:

Clubs:

Good:

Bad:

Hey Brett,

My story:

Clubs:

Good:

Bad:

Hey Brett,

That was nice of your mother. Definitely make her know you are grateful and maybe help her out later down the road somehow.

That sounds stressful. I wouldn't want to be in that position. The borrower is slave to the lender.
(02-03-2019, 05:44 PM)Brett Wrote:

My story:

Clubs:

Good:

Bad:

Hey Brett,

My story:

Clubs:

Good:

Bad:

Hey Brett,

That sounds stressful. I wouldn't want to be in that position. The borrower is slave to the lender.

Yeah, it is one of the examples that Truth Seeker, you, myself and people on here are correct about when it comes to slavery in society; slaves of the loaners. Those loaners get a lot of money in the end.