Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Arnold's blue pill motivation for success
From a Reddit thread

"I seriously believe that one of the biggest reasons normies believe super jacked guys spend like 4 hours a day in the gym is because of Arnold talking about training 5-6 hours a day.

It's just Arnold talking smack for the masses"

"Arnold is a famous troll. He lies about everything related to training and diet for kicks."

"I thought it was pretty much accepted he never gave any real answers about his training methods and diet"

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodybuilding/co...mment_list
coins on paper is what put you in place . people tell me you can go anywhere live anywhere not without money bro .
I went to the Arnold Classic in Columbus Ohio for the first time this year. There was a statue of Arnold in front of the convention center, in his famous "back" pose. I think this statue should be replaced, with one that shows Arnold sticking a needle in his butt.
(05-24-2019, 11:04 PM)Simple Simon Wrote: From a Reddit thread

"I seriously believe that one of the biggest reasons normies believe super jacked guys spend like 4 hours a day in the gym is because of Arnold talking about training 5-6 hours a day.

It's just Arnold talking smack for the masses"

"Arnold is a famous troll. He lies about everything related to training and diet for kicks."

"I thought it was pretty much accepted he never gave any real answers about his training methods and diet"

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodybuilding/co...mment_list

Many jacked guys spend a lot of time in the gym not because they have to but because they want to be validated and admired non-stop.

It's a cycle. You go to the gym. People look at you with envy and then your ego wants to go again and again. Meanwhile, Mr. Natty experiences the reverse - people don't look at you with envy, and you lose the main incentive to hit the weights by the day.
^ Correct. But the general public actually believes that training hours and hours, every day, is how someone becomes huge.
(05-30-2019, 10:07 AM)Simple Simon Wrote: ^ Correct. But the general public actually believes that training hours and hours, every day, is how someone becomes huge.

The general public also believes that every tech giant was born in a garage.
^ Ohhh... going back on topic. Yes, people who've had significant advantages and opportunities passing that off as a minor factor, claiming their success is just due to their determination and hard work.

The original video was taken down.
I'm embarrassed to admit I was so inspired by this video when I watched it this past March. I showed it to my ex girlfriend who was starting her job and was facing a tough time. I didn't know anything about Joe Weider or how Arnold married up. Now I can't believe I swallowed that load of bull. Ironically my ex ended up getting fired - so much for the inspiration.
(07-15-2019, 05:24 AM)Greywolf Wrote: I'm embarrassed to admit I was so inspired by this video when I watched it this past March. I showed it to my ex girlfriend who was starting her job and was facing a tough time. I didn't know anything about Joe Weider or how Arnold married up. Now I can't believe I swallowed that load of bull. Ironically my ex ended up getting fired - so much for the inspiration.

Weider aside, Arnold is Arnold because of his genetics. Successful people who are naturally talented at something often blue pill the crowd by making the plebs think that it was hard work or some mythical work ethic that got them to the top.