Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The idiotic fitness articles thread
I thought it would be funny to have a thread where we post some of the stupidest fitness articles we can find on the internet for all of us to laugh at and ridicule. 

I'll start.... T Nation article on the different types of bicep curls that you need to do in order to unlock massive arms. Apparently "you need more than standard curls for big biceps."

https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-be...-not-doing
Along with fiance I do not think any other industry has so much B*S*. I never read articles. youtube vid's etc...so much lying goes on.
The best biceps exercises you are not doing come in a syringe.

On a serious note, all of this is hyper-intellectualized overthinking.

It's funny how they tell you to "keep it simple" and then spam you with exotic movements.
(11-14-2018, 10:15 AM)Jonesy Wrote: I thought it would be funny to have a thread where we post some of the stupidest fitness articles we can find on the internet for all of us to laugh at and ridicule. 

I'll start.... T Nation article on the different types of bicep curls that you need to do in order to unlock massive arms. Apparently "you need more than standard curls for big biceps."

Lol on that note you can basically list every S-nation article ever written. They kinda funny sometimes the authors contradict each other in different articles.

I thought these two were quite funny at the time.

Is Jeff Seid Taking Steroids or is he ... - aretheyonsteroids.com

How to Look Like Zyzz Without Drugs – Acquire Aesthetics! Outalpha.com

Both articles I read a few years ago and both should be read for amusement purposes only. I'm sure the authors weren't being serious, but someone forgot to tell the dreamers in the comment sections.
(11-14-2018, 02:20 PM)Brett Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 10:15 AM)Jonesy Wrote: I thought it would be funny to have a thread where we post some of the stupidest fitness articles we can find on the internet for all of us to laugh at and ridicule. 

Lol on that note you can basically list every S-nation article ever written. They kinda funny sometimes the authors contradict each other in different articles.

Both articles I read a few years ago and both should be read for amusement purposes only. I'm sure the authors weren't being serious, but someone forgot to tell the dreamers in the comment sections.

One thing I always find amazing in articles/videos like that is how enraged some people get that their hero might be taking steroids. I mean Jeff Seid probably couldn't give a fuck about those people, but there they are wishing the people that mention steroids "get cancer" and the like. I mean seriously, even at my most clueless stage I was never that fanatical. I cannot understand that way of thinking at all.
(11-14-2018, 07:28 PM)Jonesy Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 02:20 PM)Brett Wrote:

One thing I always find amazing in articles/videos like that is how enraged some people get that their hero might be taking steroids. I mean Jeff Seid probably couldn't give a fuck about those people, but there they are wishing the people that mention steroids "get cancer" and the like. I mean seriously, even at my most clueless stage I was never that fanatical. I cannot understand that way of thinking at all.

Its because deep down inside their entire grasp of reality, hopes and dreams, as well as their own aspirations are all intertwined in the false narrative that their "idol" is natural. As soon as you present otherwise, they mentally can't fathom that they will never achieve what they had hoped (in terms of muscle gains). It takes a special kind of humility to admit that you are wrong, which is why they will defend a figment of their imagination as to who they think this person is (not who they really are), because their own hopes and dreams depend on it. 

If they can't achieve the body they have been promised and taught to desire. Then who's to say the rest of their life goals aren't going to be unreachable too. So by presenting them with the truth, you are essentially shattering their world, so they will view you as a threat (psychologically without even realising) and start regurgitating "hard work, genetics, diet, programs, and whatever else they tell themselves to keep the dream alive.

However, nobody escapes the truth, eventually even these people will come to realise the truth. The process is normally anger followed by denial, then finally acceptance.
(11-14-2018, 12:25 PM)jimjohnson Wrote: Along with fi[n]ance I do not think any other industry has so much B*S* .. .so much lying goes on.

In terms of BS, I think the beauty industry has both these beat by miles.
Check this one out... "How to get as big as Phil Heath." The author acknowledges steroid use, at least, so I suppose this isn't a complete lie:

https://www.whatsteroids.com/steroids/be...hil-heath/
(11-15-2018, 07:49 AM)Jonesy Wrote: Check this one out... "How to get as big as Phil Heath." The author acknowledges steroid use, at least, so I suppose this isn't a complete lie:

https://www.whatsteroids.com/steroids/be...hil-heath/

Yeah the author does mention steroids, but still its unnecessary to do so much volume and exercise variation. Its like Phil's strategy is "I'll do every single exercise known to man, just so they think that's what's required"
and do you get to look like him now?
or does that require to be hit by a truck?