Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Reasons Why AthleanX’s Angles, Science and Overthinking Are Basically Pointless (ta
The newest post:

4 Reasons Why AthleanX’s Angles, Science and Overthinking Are Basically Pointless (take the rational pill)
The good - he recommends trying working out each muscle group once a week. A bro split.

The bad - selling protein supplements, and selling expensive training programs - signs of a con. Usually shirtless to show off his low body fat - no homo.

He hates concentration curls, says they are non-functional. Think I will start doing concentration curls. He uses Jesse in his videos, I have no idea why. Maybe to make his muscles look large by comparison.
(02-09-2019, 12:53 PM)Grinch Wrote: The good - he recommends trying working out each muscle group once a week. A bro split.

Yup. Bro' split works best as all studies and experiences have shown.
I mean, what's good for the drug lords pros, is all the more good for the natties, right?

Edit: "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence." -- Oscar Wilde  (just in cases ;))
(02-10-2019, 10:59 AM)Hans Wrote: Yup. Bro' split works best as all studies and experiences have shown.
I mean, what's good for the drug lords pros, is all the more good for the natties, right?

If volume is equal, it is not necessary to perform the same exercise two or three times a week. I prefer an every other day split myself, but there is nothing wrong with a bro split, as Jeff is recommending it for naturals. Many on reddit use bro split successfully, most posting are amateur(?) naturals. I get tired of the "squat, deadlift, bench" 2 or 3 times a week advice. Different training plans work just as well or better, as recommended by this website. At least Jeff is willing to go against the advice of most other internet gurus. 

I like this video of his, he is capable of giving good advice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNf-pJxiF5E

His commercialization though, send him the money, reminds me of televangelists. 

I noticed he shaves his chest - isn't that somewhat, um, metrosexual?
(02-10-2019, 11:22 AM)Grinch Wrote: If volume is equal, it is not necessary to perform the same exercise two or three times a week. I prefer an every other day split myself, but there is nothing wrong with a bro split, as Jeff is recommending it for naturals. Many on reddit use bro split successfully, most posting are amateur(?) naturals. I get tired of the "squat, deadlift, bench" 2 or 3 times a week advice. Different training plans work just as well or better, as recommended by this website. At least Jeff is willing to go against the advice of most other internet gurus. 

As long as there is a progression scheme, almost every routine works for building muscle. But training a muscle more often will speed up that process significantly. And nobody has time anymore, right?

Unless you have trained seriously for a while, training a muscle more often will provide better results in a given time interval than training it only once a week.

Sometimes what guys call a "split" is actually more like full-body. I once did a upper/lower body split for a while. It had deadlift (lower body) in one session and pull-ups (upper body) in the other session, just to give an example. It was essentially a full-body routine ... 

However, when you are a seasoned lifter with some years of solid progress, then your specific training style is not that important anymore. You have basically max'ed out. It either happens sooner or later, depending on your approach. Then all you can do is just to maintain what you have built. And for that it's not necessary to train very often. To give an example, I have some years of training experience. For almost a year now, I just train once a week, full-body with heavy squats, deadlifts, bench press, and so on. The shortest bro' split there is, right? Wink And not only have I managed to keep my gains but I also have gotten slightly stronger on all exercises (without getting fatter though). I attribute this to better regeneration since I can move decent weights and I'm not a twenty-something anymore. But then again, this is not how you should train if you want to build something up.

(02-10-2019, 11:22 AM)Grinch Wrote: I like this video of his, he is capable of giving good advice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNf-pJxiF5E

His commercialization though, send him the money, reminds me of televangelists. 

I noticed he shaves his chest - isn't that somewhat, um, metrosexual?

I don't watch him regularly, but he often shows up when I'm searching for training related stuff. He gives some solid advice on proper exercise execution.

"His commercialization though, send him the money, reminds me of televangelists."
He seems to run a profitable business. I try to ignore the blathering though.

"I noticed he shaves his chest - isn't that somewhat, um, metrosexual?"
Yeah, as metrosexual as Arnold or the Rock, those wimps.
Jeff's take on frequency.
https://athleanx.com/uncategorized/worko...s-too-much

The one time I agree with Mark Rippetoe is regarding bodybuilding (not the guy in the garage, but those competing):
“Bodybuilding is men on a stage in their underwear wearing brown paint showing other men their muscles. It is training for appearance only, and at the contest level requires a degree of vanity, narcissism, and self-absorption that I find distasteful and odd.”
— Mark Rippetoe

Yeah, Arnold and the Rock were/are steroid freaks; with Arnold posing in his underwear. Guess they know who their audience is.