Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Characteristics, mannerisms and qualities of a man
These days it seems real men are as rare as virgins.

I thought I would compile a list of characteristics, mannerisms and qualities of a real man. Most of them seem to have been lost through the generations. However by having all these qualities you are not a perfect human being, simply you are just being masculine, the signature part of every man that society wants to stamp out, and is sadly succeding at.

1) Control your emotions: 
This is supposed to be the one quality that seperates men from boys and women. Women simply cannot control their emotions. Too many 'men' today can't either. Quite frankly, if you can't control your own emotions, you are not a man.

2) Talk less and listen more:
Self explanatory. Too many men today simply do not know when to shut up. The less you talk, the more its valued.

3) Stop apologizing and explaining your actions:
I used to do this alot. I find it is a habit of men that aren't sure of themselves, men with low self esteem.

4) Make decisions:
Men need to make decisions, for themsevles atleast and if need be for others. 'Men' today seem to always be looking to woman for confirmation of their decisions. I see it alot with married men.

5) Look People in the eyes:
Especially when having a conversation. Not in a aggressive stairdown way, rather in a way that lets someone feel at ease. It also lets them know you have confidence in yourself and in what you are saying.

6) Be Proactive, stop complaining and blaming others:
Self explanatory. Since it does not help you to blame others and complain (even if its justified), you may as well be proactive and find a solution, otherwise you are just being weak.

7) Offer Value to people:
This is not monetary value, but rather personal value that you can offer to others such as advice when asked for.

8) Be grateful for what you have:
Self explanatory. 

9) Be charming, respectful and fun:
Charm isn't sexual, it is just warmth and friendliness. Having respect for others and your self also seems to be a lost art form. Unfortunately women are boring. So in order to counter this, we are the ones that have be fun.

10) Take responsibilty for all your failures. If you can't do this, then you are not a man. This ties in with number 6 but deserves to stand on its own because so many 'men' today attribute all their failures to alien conspiracy theories.

11) Have a mission in life and be selfish with your mission:
Never Compromise on it, not for anyone. Too many men today have no mission, or if they do they let a woman take a first place seat in their lives and their mission gets pushed aside.

12) Be Self Sufficient and Self Reliant:
If you cannot rely on yourself to get things done you simply cannot call yourself a man. Of course you will need allies and connections. However nobody wants to be allied to someone that can't empower themself.

This list is by no means the be all end all. If you have more to add please contribute. I would like to add that this is not some redpill 'alpha/beta' nonsense. These are just qualities that define our masculinity. 

Being a man has nothing to do with being tall, or having broad shoulders. Although these are general physical characteristics of a man, they do not define a man. Most men and women miss this point. 

I was going to add in 'being dominant', however I realised that once you 'practice' all these habits and mannerisms, and acquire these qualities, you become dominant without even consciously trying to be.
(01-27-2019, 03:45 PM)Brett Wrote: I was going to add in 'being dominant', however I realised that once you 'practice' all these habits and mannerisms, and acquire these qualities, you become dominant without even consciously trying to be.

Being dominant? This seems to be the cornerstone of all that alpha-male bullshit in the Internet. But being dominant will fail for most men out there since nobody likes to be bullied around, not even the weak ones. It will eventually backfire. And acting dominantly towards the wrong people will only ask for trouble.

Instead, from my own experience, being cooperative, friendly, and polite (haha, what a beta male ...) while at the same time also being confident, smart, and transactional has often been more fruitful for me. Whenever the situation arises, I ask myself: Is this in my very own interest ... or is it not?, and then I try to act accordingly.
(01-27-2019, 09:01 PM)Hans Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 03:45 PM)Brett Wrote: I was going to add in 'being dominant', however I realised that once you 'practice' all these habits and mannerisms, and acquire these qualities, you become dominant without even consciously trying to be.

Being dominant? This seems to be the cornerstone of all that alpha-male bullshit in the Internet. But being dominant will fail for most men out there since nobody likes to be bullied around, not even the weak ones. It will eventually backfire. And acting dominantly towards the wrong people will only ask for trouble.

Instead, from my own experience, being cooperative, friendly, and polite (haha, what a beta male ...) while at the same time also being confident, smart, and transactional has often been more fruitful for me. Whenever the situation arises, I ask myself: Is this in my very own interest ... or is it not?, and then I try to act accordingly.

I think you are misinterpreting what being dominant means. Its not to bully someone into submission or to always get your own way. Take two twins for example, one will always be slightly dominant over the other, this isnt to say the dominant one doesn't love the less dominant one or abuses him. Dominance can be subtle, yet fully understood between two parties and accepted by both. 

In fact you can argue that whenever two people interract, one will always be more dominant over the other, between friends, between anyone. Its completely natural.
Good post. I have to agree with those points. All things we can work on immediately too and boost your confidence.

Life is full of people (witches and psychopaths) that will directly or indirectly make you abandon those principles. It is important to stay firm as possible around toxic people. They are deceptive too and usually have a knack for drawing you in.