Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorian Yates seminar
(01-11-2019, 12:39 PM)jimjohnson Wrote: ok if it is the drugs then he was right...why spend 10 hours in a gym when 3 would do..?

here is an article about naturals should lift often (low volume)......I can't see this being correct though...

https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-be...al-lifters

You cannot get stronger if you lift so often. The key is progression for naturals not time working out...

Was he right though? His linear progression machco bullshit "balls to walls" workouts lead to one serious injury after another, permaturely ended his career. Mentzer complained of low back issues later in his life from 900lb partial squats years previous. Platz, known for his over the top workouts, completey ruptured his bicep which ended his career prematurely. 

Haney did spend longer in the gym, but did not wreck himself, hes still in good shape today, again, HIS message (stimulate not annihilate) best for ALL lifters, natty or not. 

Not saying we should train MON, WED, FRI for the rest of our lifes, but some have taking frequency to extremes, none of whom ever provide evidence of their progress.Theres one indivdual out there (i think your aware of who am reffering to Jim), claims he gained 35lbs of muscle from reducing his frequency to training 45 seconds every 6 months, Evidence? Hell no, just measurements and stories.
jimjohnson Wrote:
ok if it is the drugs then he was right...why spend 10 hours in a gym when 3 would do..i

- The gym is where many bodybuilders gain their sole identity; it's where they feel important.
- They have nothing else to do.
(01-11-2019, 03:35 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 12:39 PM)jimjohnson Wrote: ok if it is the drugs then he was right...why spend 10 hours in a gym when 3 would do..?

here is an article about naturals should lift often (low volume)......I can't see this being correct though...

You cannot get stronger if you lift so often. The key is progression for naturals not time working out...

Was he right though? His linear progression machco bullshit "balls to walls" workouts lead to one serious injury after another, permaturely ended his career. Mentzer complained of low back issues later in his life from 900lb partial squats years previous. Platz, known for his over the top workouts, completey ruptured his bicep which ended his career prematurely. 

Haney did spend longer in the gym, but did not wreck himself, hes still in good shape today, again, HIS message (stimulate not annihilate) best for ALL lifters, natty or not. 

Not saying we should train MON, WED, FRI for the rest of our lifes, but some have taking frequency to extremes, none of whom ever provide evidence of their progress.Theres one indivdual out there (i think your aware of who am reffering to Jim), claims he gained 35lbs of muscle from reducing his frequency to training 45 seconds every 6 months, Evidence? Hell no, just measurements and stories.

ha..ha

So we are talking about the same guy/system?

He contradicts himself so much actually....one wek this...next month that.....and did you see his pictures? What was impressive about hat may I ask?

Damm....sometimes this is soooo f** confusing....you thin k you have it nailed then bamm something else

In a way i must be donig something right..as i look better at 47 than 21...:-)

But i want to get to my maximum muscle growth...with the least time and NO injuries....

So what do I seek ?
(01-11-2019, 08:38 PM)jimjohnson Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 03:35 PM)Minimalist Wrote:

ha..ha

So we are talking about the same guy/system?

He contradicts himself so much actually....one wek this...next month that.....and did you see his pictures? What was impressive about hat may I ask?

Damm....sometimes this is soooo f** confusing....you thin k you have it nailed then bamm something else

In a way i must be donig something right..as i look better at 47 than 21...:-)

But i want to get to my maximum muscle growth...with the least time and NO injuries....

So what do I seek ?

Yeah, his recommendations remind me of the emperors new clothes ha. I do agree with him on the hex bar dead, but it doesnt produce mythical gainz of such proportions lol.

What do we seek? 

After 25 years of HIT, i began training very differently a few years ago, actually to combat a few health issues (i suffer from bipolar and have 3 hetniated discs). Performing little but often, greatly helped / helps with my mental state and pain levels, and as a byproduct, i ended up carrying several lbs more muscle. I got off the machines and benches, stopped using the granny speed cadence and started focusing on getting strong on my feet. 

Imo, advanced natural trainees should cycle their intensity and "own a weight" first vs trying to add more weight every single workout. Does a sprinter run the 100m faster every single time they run. Not on your nellySmile 

Diet wise, i agree with yourself, i.e., focusing on a good diet plays a huge role in looking your best as a natural trainee. 

Best
Rob
where i do agree with him is this:

1) We don't need to train that often

2) You don't need to do huge volume

3) You need to progress to see results

4) We need a lot more rest and recovery than the average 2-3 days

That ties in with how can you progress? (you need rest) What are you measuring? (either weight lifted and/or number of reps.)
Most people in the gym do not keep records, do not track progress (regression) waste time on useless exercises etc....i do not see ant PT's telling them this stuff.

I am in better shape than at any time in my life....Only lifting weights every 2 weeks..i do a lot of other sports, tennis, running, hiking, shagging etc and i shifted my focus on to reducing calories.
You see that guy on the article about the pick up game....doing the dance with that women? I am about there. Maybe a little bigger...but similiar. Not bad...100% nat and old...

At my age i think i am about there where i can be now....and it;'s good to accept it and focus on other things...
(01-12-2019, 12:37 PM)jimjohnson Wrote: where i do agree with him is this:

1) We don't need to train that often

2) You don't need to do huge volume

3) You need to progress to see results

4) We need a lot more rest and recovery than the average 2-3 days

That ties in with how can you progress? (you need rest) What are you measuring? (either weight lifted and/or number of reps.)
Most people in the gym do not keep records, do not track progress (regression) waste time on useless exercises etc....i do not see ant PT's telling them this stuff.  

I am in better shape than at any time in my life....Only lifting weights every 2 weeks..i do a lot of other sports, tennis, running, hiking, shagging etc  and i shifted my focus on to reducing calories.
You see that guy on the article about the pick up game....doing the dance with that women? I am about there. Maybe a little bigger...but similiar. Not bad...100% nat and old...

At my age i think  i am about there where i can be now....and it;'s good to accept it and focus on other things...

I agree with most of that aswell. Hes said a few things that stuck my mind , "the lego method of stacking up lots of smaller inferior exercises will never have the effect one massive compound lift (partial deadlift) can. 

I personally measure the length of my workouts, rest between sets / exercises, weight and reps etc. I dont measure the length of the set as i think more about the clock ticking down rather than focusing on the preformance of the movement. But your right, ive seen very few keep measurements of any sort. They turn up and ask themselves, "what will i do today, whats free". Theres no sense that of the click is ticking, no objective goal. Nothing.

I personally require i little more frequency than yourself (for reasons stated), that being said, its still a lot less than what most do. I also like hiking, long brisk walks, martial arts training, having a kick about in the park with the nephews etc.  I need to tidy up my diet a bit more, but am happy enough with my condition (6'4 / 255lb). Not bad for a stroke victim, with bipolar, 3 herniated discs and judt the one kidney haha.

If your happy, just keep what your doingSmile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)