Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TV Shows Are Completely Unwatchable
Absolutely insane how that happened and the government just bailed out the banks. I like how they put the responsibility on the individual being manipulated too. I got myself into a right mess a while back with debt. At first, I actually worried about my credit rating but as the charges kept racking up and my ability to pay off my debt became impossible I just thought 'screw it' and basically took a YOLO attitude to borrowing. I don't think I could have acted any more irresponsibly, but I still got accepted for a capital one credit card recently. It is crazy because if you rob a bank or post office for a me hundred pounds they will put you in prison for about 8 years in Britain. Yet, anybody can borrow thousands and not even attempt to pay back what they owe and it isn't even a crime.
Have you ever wondered why there are so many TV series about cops - FBI, NYPD, LYPD...all kinds of PDs, NCIS...etc?

Two main reasons:

1. To present law enforcement people as some form of heroes.

2. Because they can go on forever (the same episode repeats forever in a different skin) and present some form of adventure.
I almost don't watch TV at all
I use internet to read news, watch movies and series to my liking
And TV is pretty much obsolete medium - now internet is television of 21th century
The crime/cops thing is true with novels too. The most popular form of fiction seem to be crime thrillers.

I enjoyed that making a murderer series, which basically showed the police and courts as corrupt, but the injustice of it all is hard to stomach.
(11-27-2018, 11:36 AM)Navigator Wrote: I almost don't watch TV at all
And TV is pretty much obsolete medium - now internet is television of 21th century

The Internet could be worse than TV in many regards. It's an endless void.
(12-02-2018, 08:36 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:

louis theroux documentaries are good insight how the world is rather than police and government view

(12-02-2018, 08:36 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:

louis theroux documentaries are good insight how the world is rather than police and government view