Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone suffering from body dysmorphia
I first joined the gym because I wanted to join the army . my goal has changed now just want to look nice aka attractive.  I been lifting for about 8 years  now . 145lbs 13 % body fat mabey I don't know hard to tell .  I normal don't try obsess about it anymore like I go from 145 and bulk to 155 every so often . still get called I don't lift had people tell me I have anorexia.  I look at people and they have fat gut like Hippopotamus . I am like who is he kidding . had 40 year old man  who wants me to go gym with him he talk so much bro science like I just want to laugh .  but I feel like, not very confident with my body, even through I been told I look good by men and women . when my top is off of course

I kid you not kid !
(10-24-2018, 08:18 PM)Plato Wrote: I first joined the gym because I wanted to join the army . my goal has changed now just want to look nice aka attractive.  I been lifting for about 8 years  now . 145lbs 13 % body fat mabey I don't know hard to tell .  I normal don't try obsess about it anymore like I go from 145 and bulk to 155 every so often  . still get called I don't lift had people tell me I have anorexia.  I look at him and he has fat gut like Hippopotamus . I am like who is he kidding . had 40 year old man  who wants me to go gym with him he talk so much bro science like I just want to laugh .  but I feel like, not very confident with my body, even through I been told I look good by men and women . when my top is off of course

I kid you not kid !

I used to but not anymore. With age it goes away.
(10-24-2018, 08:26 PM)TruthSeeker Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 08:18 PM)Plato Wrote: I first joined the gym because I wanted to join the army . my goal has changed now just want to look nice aka attractive.  I been lifting for about 8 years  now . 145lbs 13 % body fat mabey I don't know hard to tell .  I normal don't try obsess about it anymore like I go from 145 and bulk to 155 every so often  . still get called I don't lift had people tell me I have anorexia.  I look at him and he has fat gut like Hippopotamus . I am like who is he kidding . had 40 year old man  who wants me to go gym with him he talk so much bro science like I just want to laugh .  but I feel like, not very confident with my body, even through I been told I look good by men and women . when my top is off of course

I kid you not kid !

I used to but not anymore. With age it goes away.

ah trying to not obess with getting abs and the way I look . I am 23   thanks for the advice keep up the good work
I sometimes have it both ways. In sometimes see fat as muscle. I did this especially when I was following starting strength. But then I also consider myself smaller sometimes than people I am bigger than. I guess it's a confidence issue. The mind is a powerful thing and can make you see what it wants you to see. Conquering the mind is way more important than conquering the body. I know that's a cliché, but it really is from my experience.
When youre >20 bf you look fuller in clothes
when you're 10-12% you look skinny in clothes but great without them

When you're in between you look somewhat skinny but without definition.
Thats me right now, it annoys me.
(10-31-2018, 04:19 AM)NattyRobot Wrote: When youre >20 bf you look fuller in clothes
when you're 10-12% you look skinny in clothes but great without them

When you're in between you look somewhat skinny but without definition.
Thats me right now, it annoys me.

Ah well I don’t know if 10% year around is best I tend to just got from 145lbs  to 155 lbs  every year .