Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Players/Music Aficionados
Any bodybuilders into music or play music? Audiophiles, musicians or people wanting to learn to play music? 

I play piano and classical guitar at home for fun, but usually just do classical songs or rock/jazz covers. Haven't really played much modern pop music (2010 or after) as I find most of it trash or mediocre. 

I'm also a dedicated audiophile. Have 2 KEF desktop speakers, an ELAC subwoofer, and a NAD D 3020 integrated amplifier hooked up to Macbook Air. Download only high-def music from all sorts of artists: classical (Beethoven, JS Bach, Stravinsky), 60s to modern Rock (Van Halen, CSN, Muse), Prog Metal (Opeth), Jazz or Jazz fusion (Miles Davis, Pat Metheny) and many other genres that I consider "good music." Oh and I just saw that Bohemian Rhapsody movie with a friend last Sunday. Man it was loud, but interesting! Anyone see that yet? 

I am not really your typical obsessed bodybuilding dude as I used to be as I've found it better to balance my life with many activities like playing/listening to music, martial arts, meditation, outside running/sprinting late at night, playing basketball with friends, or dancing with women. I still lift, but it's now supplementary to other things. Twice a week and mostly minimal stuff like chin ups, rows, dips, OHP and oly squats.                    
I am not an audiophile, but I used to play keyboard and make instrumentals.
I do art
I've been learning to play guitar for the last two months. I enjoy it a lot. I've always loved music. The guitar is a beautiful instrument, and can be quite a meditative and soul healing experience to simply sit down with it and stop thinking about the world just for the sake of learning a new chord or practicing a song or a strumming pattern.
(11-23-2018, 02:59 PM)DarthTrashcan Wrote: I've been learning to play guitar for the last two months. I enjoy it a lot. I've always loved music. The guitar is a beautiful instrument, and can be quite a meditative and soul healing experience to simply sit down with it and stop thinking about the world just for the sake of learning a new chord or practicing a song or a strumming pattern.

Hey man,

You still practicing guitar? I agree that playing music is meditative and can be healing. When I practice I got into sanctuary/focus mode. 

What can you play so far?
(02-04-2019, 01:10 AM)locutus24 Wrote: Hey man,

You still practicing guitar? I agree that playing music is meditative and can be healing. When I practice I got into sanctuary/focus mode. 

What can you play so far?

Yes man, I'm still practicing. I still enjoy it a lot, in fact, I enjoy it even more, and find it more and more meditative. I'm still a beginner though, so I can't play anything fancy or complex.

I can play a few easy songs and apply some strumming patterns to them. "I walk the line" by Johnny Cash. "It's all right mamma" and "Hound dog" by Elvis Presley. "Sittin' on the dock of the bay" by Ottis Redding. And some others. I'm learning "The house of the rising sun" right now.
(02-05-2019, 06:57 PM)DarthTrashcan Wrote: Yes man, I'm still practicing. I still enjoy it a lot, in fact, I enjoy it even more, and find it more and more meditative. I'm still a beginner though, so I can't play anything fancy or complex.

I can play a few easy songs and apply some strumming patterns to them. "I walk the line" by Johnny Cash. "It's all right mamma" and "Hound dog" by Elvis Presley. "Sittin' on the dock of the bay" by Ottis Redding. And some others. I'm learning "The house of the rising sun" right now.

Nice selection of songs.

I also learned The House of the Rising Sun on piano. Great piece.
Listening to electronic music at 1am while working on something I like ...
(02-07-2019, 09:29 PM)Hans Wrote: Listening to electronic music at 1am while working on something I like ...
Nice man. I like a Todd Terje.